Today I am announcing the general availability of the new VDI Calculator v5.8. This new version introduces few important features.
- XenDesktop support for Nutanix Platform – previously only Horizon View calculations on Nutanix platform was possible. This release introduces full calculation for XenDesktop pooled and assigned on Nutanix.
- Increase to up to 5 Desktop Types – previously a maximum of three different desktop types could be configured. This release allows for a maximum of five desktop types to be simultaneously calculated . This feature is specially helpful for large VDI deployments with multiple departments using multiple different master images.
- Italian and French Languages Support – in addition to Chinese and Spanish. The calculator will automatically follow regional settings and provide you with your language.
- Squashed few little bugs
I would like to acknowledge the great work from Frank Fan, Javier Larea, Emmanuel Bernard and Fabrizio de Luca for their contributions to the multi-language support. The screenshot below detonates the Italian version of the calculator.
- Java will request authorization to execute. This will be fixed for the next release.
- There is a known issue when loading a saved calculation with more than 1 desktop type. In this case you must first open the amount of Desktop Tabs you want to load from the saved file. You do that clicking on (+) and (-).
To access the new VDI calculator click here.
This article was first published by Andre Leibovici (@andreleibovici) at myvirtualcloud.net.