In my article How to enable Nutanix De-duplication per VMDK/VHD/RAW I explained how to enable or disable de-duplication and fingerprinting-on-write for individual VMDK/VHD or RAW vdisks via nCLI. Once de-duplication and fingerprinting-on-write are both enabled for a given vdisk NOS will process every new write with the US Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA1) using native SHA1 optimizations …
Tag Archive: tips
- Free VDI options for KVM hypervisor
- Nutanix 5.0 Features Overview (Beyond Marketing) –…
- New KVM-VDI Open Source Project
- VDI Calculator v7 Now Available w/ major changes
- New Nutanix Erasure Coding & How it works?
- Nutanix 5.0 Features Overview (Beyond Marketing) – Part 2
- Nutanix CE is Now Available to All and it’s FREE!
- Nutanix 5.0 Features Overview (Beyond Marketing) – Part 3
- Recipe of How To fix most VMware View Agent issues
- PCoIP Bandwidth Calculator and Settings Guideline
- Securing Nutanix PRISM for Alexa Skill with NGINX Container
- Getting Started with Alexa Skill for Nutanix
- 4 Simple Steps to HCI Testing
- In the Hybrid Cloud, datasets must follow applications, not the other way around… and many are doing it wrong.
- How to enjoy #himss17 with Nutanix and Intel, Lenovo, DellEMC, Citrix and more…