VDI is not one of those technologies that only require a simple next-next-finish installations. I know how challenging a small or large scale VDI design can be, specially for newcomers. VDI footprints are commonly made of 20 or more technology layers that are interdependent of each other and it is very common to get lost on numbers, limits and calculations.
To help you with your VDI design I have created an online Flash VDI Calculator. This online calculator will help you to size your VMware View environment. You will be able to learn and play with limits and boundaries until you find the solution that will best fit your requirements.
The key components covered in this first release are:
- Memory (Memory Limit and Shared Memory)
- CPU (Cores per Host and VMs per Core)
- Storage (Linked Clone and non-Linked Clone, LUNs)
- VMware vCenter (4.0 and 4.1)
- VMware View (4.0 and 4.5)
- Display Protocols and Connection Types
- External Users