It is quite amazing how hard the subconscious works when it is made to understand that this life is not a rehearsal, there is no safety net and no assurance of any final closure. – John Burdett
From this life we take nothing, but memories and the good deeds we have done. While we try to build the future of our children, there are less fortunate people in this world that need help, a lot of help. There are also people who devoted their lives to help others creating foundations, organizations and entities that do exactly that – help others!
I am proud to work for a successful young company that has core values at the right place. Nutanix will be giving away $500k worth of datacenter infrastructure to deserving non-profit organizations; and I hope this is only the beginning of something very special!
ANYONE CAN NOMINATE A NON-PROFIT TO PARTICIPATE, and the submission period goes until November 21, 2014.
A panel of judges from the technology community will review the submissions and select the top three finalists, and the winner with be chosen by YOU during a final round of community voting!
- Stu Miniman – Principal Research Contributor, Wikibon. Stu is a host of SiliconANGLE.tv’s theCUBE and an active member of the networking, virtualization, and cloud communities. He holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University and an MBA from Bryant University.
- Douglas Brown – Founder and President of DABCC, Inc.. Doug has more than 17 years of experience in virtualization, cloud, and server based computing technologies. His current venture, DABCC.com, is a widely popular website dedicated to virtualization. He is certified as an MVP, CTP, and vExpert.
- Michael Webster – Sr. Solutions & Performance Engineer, Nutanix, Inc. Michael is a recognized industry speaker, author of the top virtualization blog, longwhiteclouds.com, and co-author of Virtualizing SQL Server on VMware: Doing IT Right. He is certified as a VCDX, vExpert, MCSE, and NPP.
- Julian Wood – Freelance IT Consultant. Julian is an enterprise infrastructure architect based out of London, England. He works mainly on virtualization and Windows Server projects, often in the clouds with plenty of storage, networking, desktop, and scripting in the mix.
- Steve Greenberg – Founder, Thin Client Computing. Steve is the founder of a leading virtualization consulting group, Thin Client Computing, based in Scottsdale, AZ. A pioneer and innovator in advanced virtualization and datacenter designs, he has been active in virtual computing since the early 90s.
To find more about the Nutanix Web-Scale Wish Non-Profit Datacenter Makeover click here.
This article was first published by Andre Leibovici (@andreleibovici) at myvirtualcloud.net.