I am excited to announce the version 3.0 of my VDI calculator. This new version introduces partner support, allowing 3rd party vendors to quickly demonstrate the benefits of their solutions, and allowing consultants and architects to see how those solutions impact their VDI and DaaS requirements. The first partner to be supported is Atlantis Computing with their ILIO diskless solution.
- Android support
- Block Size and IO calculations for even better accuracy
- Scale-out approaching using hyper-converged architectures
- Server Profiles – you select the brand, and the calculator will spit out the model you should buy
- Upload configuration to Cloud and be able to access it from anywhere
- Add in version of vcenter/view/esxi for auto-fill on the max sizes
- Drop down for some “canned” reference architectures (such as a 8-blade UCS chassis (HP, EMC, Netapp, IBM, Nutanix etc) and the usually set up for pools/Vms).
- much more…
If you are not yet familiar with the new VDI Calculator, just launch it using the green button below.
This article was first published by Andre Leibovici (@andreleibovici) at myvirtualcloud.net.