Approximately 10 days ago I launched the new revamped VDI calculator, now using Java Framework, and I am now introducing the Release 2.0 with full support to XenDesktop calculations for VDI environments running on atop VMware vSphere hypervizor. Why? Because most Citrix XenDesktop deployments run atop of the VMware hypervizor platform.
I would like to acknowledge the help of a number of community member, including Citrix employees, who helped me to make sure calculations and terms were correct during the Beta program. Thank you!
If you are not yet familiar with my new VDI Calculator click here or just launch it using the green button below.
- XenDesktop support for deployments on VMware vSphere
- Assigned and Pooled deployments
- Personal vDisks
- Several validations to make sure you are not going beyond the supported limits
- Tooltips for both Horizon View and XenDesktop deployments
- Reporting for XenDesktop deployments
Not to forget important existing features since release 1.0
- Offline Support – The new version will be able to run when disconnected from the network. When connected, it will auto-update itself with the latest release.
- Load/Save – Now you can save and load your configurations eliminating repetitive task of entering the values every time you use the calculator. This is a great future for consultants that have to manage multiple projects for multiple customers.
- It’s FREE!!! – Thanks to the sponsors this tool is absolutely FREE, even for the mobile version that will be soon released. If you are a vendor and is interested in having your Ad dynamically presented on the calculator just send an email to at email@example.com.
- Android support
- Block Size and IO calculations for even better accuracy
- Scale-out approaching using hyper-converged architectures
- Server Profiles – you select the brand, and the calculator will spit out the model you should buy
- Upload configuration to Cloud and be able to access it from anywhere
- Add in version of vcenter/view/esxi for auto-fill on the max sizes
- Drop down for some “canned” reference architectures (such as a 8-blade UCS chassis (HP, EMC, Netapp, IBM, Nutanix etc) and the usually set up for pools/Vms).
- much more…
This article was first published by Andre Leibovici (@andreleibovici) at myvirtualcloud.net.
- Introducing the New VDI Calculator!
- We are getting close, very close. Introducing the new VDI Calculator.
- VDI Calculator v5.8 is Now Available with XenDesktop support for Nutanix
- VDI Calculator v6.0 is Now Available w/ VDI Infra Calculation and NX-1050
- Launching VDI Calculator v3 with Partner support