As you probably know, vCenter does not give you any visibility into VMs running on NFS. Troubleshooting performance issues on NFS has been all but impossible — until now.
VKernel engineers figured out how to get visibility into NFS I/O and enhanced Capacity Analyzer with this capability.
Also, you might find our tech notes on NFS disk I/O monitoring helpful: "Monitoring Disk I/O: What VMware Doesn’t Know"
If you are not familiar with Capacity Analyzer, here is what it does:
- Finds current performance bottlenecks in VMs, clusters and Resource Pools.
- Predicts future bottlenecks ahead of problems so that you have time to fix them and prevent performance problems.
- Quickly finds where you have enough capacity to safely add new VMs for optimum VM placement.
- Identifies your top resource consumers.
- Sets alerts to detect bottlenecks and notifies you proactively.