I have just uploaded a new release of the online VMware View VDI Flash Calculator.
This new release offers a complete overhaul of the IOPS calculation, providing the ability to breakdown IOPS per disk type or tier. It also offers calculation for the number of VMs allowed to concurrently boot.
I have previously described how IO works in the following article:
- Added higher degree of control over read/write ratios
- Added segmentation between number of sockets and cores per socket
- Added storage overhead support for swap on host
- Fixed video swap issue with earlier versions of vCenter and ESXi
- Complete overhaul of the IO calculation
– Calculation of IO per disk type (replica, clones and persistent)
– Calculation of IO for of simultaneous boot VMs
- Calculation of View 5.0 3D vRAM using VMs with 3 or 4 vCPU not available
Additionally, I have also updated the manual to help you to better use the VDI Flash Calculator. The manual can be found at http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=1927.