I have just uploaded a new release of the online VDI Flash Calculator.
This new release offers full support to VMware View 4.6 architecture. This release also introduce the support to CPU/Core speed calculation. Based on a given average MHz for each individual VM the flash calculator will provide the amount of GHz required to support the workload per CPU/Core.
To reduce or increase the amount of GHz per CPU/Core you will need to tweak one of the following parameters:
- Number of vCPUs per VM
- Number of VMs per Core
This release also allow the calculation of CPU MHz overhead to make sure the hosts always have enough room for workload peaks. Normally in VDI solutions memory is more scarce then CPU cycles, however I have been asked by few people to add this feature.
Read below the full list of features and fixes.
- Added support for VMware View 4.6 architecture
- Added support for MHz per VM
- Added host/core MHz calculation
- Added support for CPU MHz overhead
- Fixed bug when displaying Linked Clone LUN size with Local .vswp in use (Thanks to Andrew Lash for reporting the inconsistency)
- Minor UI adjustments
- VDI Flash Calculator v1.4 released! Added support for vswap calculation based on VM memory reservation.
- VDI Flash Calculator v1.9 Major Released
- VDI Flash Calculator v1.3 now with Full support to New VMware View 4.5 features
- VMware View VDI Flash Calculator v2.5 Released
- VDI Flash Calculator v2.0 Released