I have just uploaded the new release of my online VDI Flash Calculator. This new release adds full support to VMware View 4.5 Disposable Disks and includes a Storage Breakdown Summary to facilitate planning of storage tiering.
Disposable Disks will benefit scenarios where virtual desktops are powered off when not in use and where storage tiering has been incorporated into the design. To use this feature make sure you enter the size of the disposable disk and select VMware View release 4.5 from the dropdown menu.
- Added support for VMware View 4.5 Disposable disks
- Added new Storage Breakdown summary for VMware View 4.5 Tiering
- Added Host number calculation based on Desktop State (On, Suspend, Power Off)
- Added Storage calculation based on Desktop State (On, Suspend, Power Off)
- Added 4Gb overhead for vmKernel for Host Memory with overcommit
- Fixed bug when calculating Hosts Memory overcommit with low VMs per core
- Added validation for Number of Desktop Pools (max. 512 Linked Clone VM per Desktop Pool)
- Added developer name and blog URL at bottom